MAN UP & love your daughters!




With my daughters, Sierra & Sofia


I wrote this note to my two daughters a couple weeks ago:

 

I have been thinking a lot about you two. I just wrote myself something that I take very seriously about how I treat each of you girls. I want you to read what my heart feels and the responsibility I assume for you young ladies ---- I hope you’ll keep these words and read them long after I am worm food.

Love,

Dad

 

-----  

 

It is not my daughter’s job to work to earn or win my love as their Father.

 

It is my job as their Father to give love freely and joyfully, to protect my daughters, to love my daughters, to dedicate my time and energy to make them feel loved and safe. 

 

This is my job as a man and leader of my family.

 

I am a single parent, and I have come to realize that a parent’s relation with the opposite sex child is critical for developmental purposes, understanding self-worth, confidence and love.

 

Men – I challenge and charge you to step up your game. You need to learn to play dolls, have a tea party, dress up, get your make-up done and have your nails painted. Put away the macho ego and connect with your daughters. When you love them the way they want, and need to be loved, they will find a partner later on in life that will do the same for them.



Make-up - "Check!"

 

This is my desire for each of my daughters – that they find a partner who loves them in a healthy way, a person who respects them, a person who cherishes them, a person who challenges them and a person who protects them and makes them feel safe. When I think of what I want for my daughters, I think of what I need to do for my daughters.

 

This is difficult work men. It will challenge you to change. It will challenge you to love differently. It will challenge you to listen. It will challenge you to develop your intuition. It will challenge you to grow.

 

This work is the most important work you will do in your lifetime. If you don’t believe me, ask your wife, partner, or any other adult woman you know about the importance of her relationship with her Father. I have heard many women state that they wish their daughters had a Father who was more connected and engaged. Nip it in the bud, and give your daughter the love she deserves. Make time for her. Put away your foolish pride and truly connect with her. Be vulnerable and authentic with her. You can never be "too busy" for your daughter. Do the right thing and give her quality time, words of affirmation, acts of kindness, support, encouragement, let her know you are proud of her, and let her know you will protect her when she needs it.

 

Love your daughters fiercely men. It is the only option.

 

#ONWARD


Jason is an expert at teaching people to transform Dreams into Reality. He has amassed a lifetime of expertise in the field as a General Manager for General Electric leading large teams, where he ran a $400 million dollar business, he was a former leader of Global Operations for a Fortune 100 company, an attorney and CEO of a non-profit that helps children with Autism. In addition to his professional experience, he is a US Paralympian, holds 15 world records in ultra-running and mountain biking, is an author, a highly sought after motivational and business speaker and is the 1st and only blind person to run across America - 3,063 miles where he averaged 51.5 miles/day for 59.5 days. For speaking and media inquiries visit www.jasonromero.net 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another book?

TREADMILL TRAINING for Visually Impaired Runners

Coming out of the closet: I am Legally Blind